Our Top Winter Motorcycle Gear
After a glorious summer, we're sad to say that winter is finally on it's way. While this may be the case, it doesn’t mean you need to lock your bike away until the warmer weather makes an appearance. There’s a wide range of motorcycle gear out there that can help make your winter riding experience a more pleasant one, and we’ve compiled a list of a some of our favorites below!
- Waterproof Kit: We’re sure this is a no brainer, but if you’re going to be riding in the winter in the UK you’re definitely going to need to be prepared for wet weather! For fully waterproof motorcycle gear, you’re predominantly going to be shopping in the textile section as most leather options, although water resistant, won’t keep the worst of the weather out. Many textile jackets also come with a removable thermal liner, meaning you’ll be wrapped up warm but can also keep dry during the warmer months! As stockists of Dainese, Alpinestars, RST & more we’ve got a huge range of winter motorcycle gear to keep you on 2 wheels through all seasons. Here’s a few of our favorite jackets (alternative colours and matching trousers available).
Dainese Tempest 2
Alpinestars Andes Drystar V2
Alpinestars Stella Gunner V2
RST Blade Sport II
- Pinlock Visor Insert: Visors are much more likely to fog up in the cold – a simple yet effective solution is a pinlock visor insert!
- Base Layers: We layer up through winter when off the bike, so why not do the same when on the bike?! Check out the Alpinestars Ride Tech range, or the Dainese D-Core sets – both are available in full suit or top and bottoms!
- Heated Gloves – This is a big one for us, and definitely something worth investing in if you’re going to ride through winter. There are a few brands that supply heated gloves, but we’d recommend you take a look at Gerbing products. Our pick would be the XR12 Hybrid Heated Gloves – they’re waterproof, windproof and breathable, providing the ultimate protection from the outside elements. As well as heated gloves, Gerbing also produce heated jacket and trouser liners, meaning head to toe warmth all winter!
- Neck Warmer/Neck Tube – A simple but effective way of keeping the cold at bay! We stock this one from Gear Gremlin, which can be worn in a number of different ways (bandana, balaclava, neck scarf & more!)
- ACF50 – This anti-corrosion formula is a must have for winter. Originally designed to protect aircraft from corrosion, ACF-50 creates an ultra-thin clear film on the bike which not only protects against new corrosion, but also kills existing corrosion! An application can remain active for up to 12 hours, with more exposed parts needing topping up more frequently. You’ll need to avoid spraying the brakes, and if you’d prefer you can take your bike in to the service department of our sister company P&H Motorcycles, where they’ll be able to help prep your bike for winter!
So there you have it – a few of our essential buys for this winter! We hope some of this will help keep you on two wheels this winter and if you need any further help or recommendations then please don’t hesitate to get in touch – you can reach us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via Facebook/Twitter!