Alpinestars Supertech SM-10 Meta Helmet Anthracite/Orange
The result of over five years of intensive study, development and testing; Alpinestars Supertech M10 motocross helmet made its race debut at the Anaheim Supercross, in January 2018.
ALPINESTARS SUPERTECH S-M10 META HELMET ANTHRACITE/ORANGE
- Carbon shell construction utilizes a highly advanced molding technology with a multi-composite combination:
- 3K, high density carbon outer layer that improves strength and efficiency of energy dissipation over the shell.
- UD carbon composite layer that gives significantly greater radial strength around the shell, preventing compression but allowing controlled deflection for reducing transmitted impact energy.
- Aramid fiber layer which provides critical penetration protection.
- This three-layer composite combination is given even greater performance with an epoxy resin bonding that offers the best possible strength and energy management.
- The combination of material layers gives improved energy management: limited outer shell deflection making the energy spread wider and better absorbed by the EPS liner.
- The result of the unique shell lay-up process employed in the M10 construction results in extremely effective impact protection.
- With a fully equipped helmet testing facility, within Alpinestars Racing Development Center, an exhaustive impact research program has resulted in the Supertech M10 returning linear and oblique impact performance which far improves upon current helmet regulation standard limits.
- For direct, linear, impact by an average magnitude of 41% and for rotational acceleration, oblique, impact performance by an average of 48%.
- M10 in four anatomical shell sizes.
- The Supertech M10 shell construction is optimized to offer best fit across the range of four size options.
- Shell sizes are manufactured in small, medium, large and extra-large to ensure that riders have the correct fit which not only improves comfort but, most importantly, the effectiveness of the helmet in an impact.
- The Supertech M10 liner construction combines with the shell to offer highly efficient impact energy management.
- Formed with a multi-density EPS polymer, the energy absorbing layer gives an inner helmet profile which soaks up impact forces dissipated over the outer shell at the point of an impact and provides a shape offering a close and comfortable fit.
- The energy absorption performance of the M10 is substantially improved by a four-section construction that allows for specific densities of polymer to be prepared for different zones around the helmet lining.
Not only is energy performance improved but also fit and comfort.