Book your motorcycle training online
Here at P&H Rider Training we can offer motorcycle training to meet your individual needs in line with the Driving Standards Agency’s (DSA) ideals “The agency supports a modular, structured approach to training over a period of time”. This approach, meeting with a trainees learning ability, should enable them to develop and subsequently demonstrate the appropriate skills required to be safe on a motorcycle.
New Rider Course (NRC)
These are either a 60 or 90 minute One to One introduction to riding a motorcycle, essential for people with no experience or who are nervous or anxious about riding from the first time. Book online here here.
Motorcycle Theory Test (MTT)
Must be taken before a full licence can be booked. Book online here.
Compulsory Basic Training (CBT)
CBT course is not a test it is basic training and consists five part modular assessment of you skills, this is done over the course of a day (8.45-17.00)but does not guarantee you will receive a certificate at the end of the 1st day, unless you are able to demonstrate your ability to continue as a learner for a two year period. Everybody has to complete CBT before you can take further training. You do not need to take a Motorcycle theory test before a CBT can be taken. Book online here.
Full Licence – Lightweight (A1) (17+)
This is the only test you can take if you are under 19 years of age, the training & test is taken on a 115-125cc motorcycle (11KWH, 14.6BHP) Once you have held for a minimum of two years you may upgrade to the A2 licence by taking Modules 1 and 2 again on an A2 machine. (for further info see here)
Full Licence – Standard (A2) (19+)
You can take this test once you are at least 19 years of age. This will allow you to ride a bike or scooter up to 35kWH (47Bhp) the training & test is taken on a minimum of a 395cc motorcycle. Once you have held for a minimum of two years you may upgrade to the full A licence by taking Modules 1 and 2 again on an A machine. (for further info see here)
Full Licence – Large (A) (24+)
You must be over 24 years of age and the bike that you use for training & test must produce at least 40 Kwh (54 Bhp) upon passing the test you can ride any size motorcycle with no power restrictions. Book online here.
Back to Biking
Our Return to biking lessons can either be 90 minute one to one session or full day course dependant on you needs. So whether you have been away from two wheels for two or twenty years, we can supply a course to suit you. Book online here.
Enhanced Rider Scheme (ERS) (Advanced)
Experienced riders can continue their training with the Enhanced Rider Scheme where you will learn advanced riding techniques that will make you safer rider and gain you an insurance discount of up to 17%. Book online here.
Licence Motorcycle Trainers (R.P.M.T)
The Enhanced Rider Scheme is the only scheme that has to be delivered by registered, professional, and more importantly insured to teach Advanced or Post licence motorcycle training.
Motorcycle Course Checklist:
- You must bring your UK driving licence every day of the course.
- On all practical motorcycle test courses you will need Driving Licence, CBT certificate & theory test certificate.
- Check that your licence has the correct provisional entitlements, category A for motorcycles, category AM for mopeds.
- Before taking the Practical Motorcycle Test, you will need to have passed the Motorcycle theory test.
- Make sure that your eyesight meets the minimum requirement & bring glasses/contact lenses if necessary.
- You must be able to read a vehicle number plate from a distance of 20 metres (66 ft) for old style number plates 20 metres (66ft).
- If you are using your own machine, ensure that it is legal, roadworthy and fitted with L plates & we must see your insurance and MOT certificates.
- If it’s cold, dress in warm clothes and even in hot weather you must still wear long trousers.
- Before you start your training, Study the Highway Code!
- Book now by calling 01293 413330