KTM SX 2017 MODELS ARRIVING SOON!
UPGRADE: KTM SX MODELS MODEL YEAR 2017 ARRIVING IN DEALERS SOON!
After last year’s new generation of SX machine was launched with revolutionary WP AER 48 forks, a new chassis, plus new engines over previous models (except 250 SX), the KTM R&D departments in Austria and the USA have been making further improvements for 2017, and updated the 250 SX model to the latest specification of chassis with a brand new engine.
With input from the KTM Motorsports department being influential to serial production, especially in the USA where the factory team must race homologated machines and we can note that Ryan Dungey has just won back-to-back 450 Supercross World Championship titles aboard a KTM 450 SX-F, the SX model line-up is better than ever.
With typical KTM characteristics including a precisely designed, high-tech lightweight chrome-moly steel frame, high-tech Brembo brakes, lightweight CNC machined hubs with high-end Excel rims, Dunlop Geomax MX 3S tires, No-Dirt footpegs, an intelligent air filter box system, precisely designed bodywork, the all important starter (except 125 SX) and much, much more already fitted to these machines, KTM has once again reached new heights with the latest model range. For 2017 there are a number of refinements over last year including traction control for 4-stroke models, which is part of the new multifunctional handlebar map switch, new suspension components and settings, new graphics and other exciting details.
New for 2017 is:
- All new 250 SX model
- New multi-functional handlebar map switch so the rider can activate the new traction control and launch control, while choosing an alternate mapping of the engine management system
- Re-designed upper triple clamp for enhanced fork action
- New shock absorber setting for increased rider confidence
- Air pump supplied as standard for the AER 48 fork system
- Hourmeter to help keep up with precise maintenance
- Re-designed outer tubes on AER 48 forks for enhanced flex characteristics for reduced stiction and less friction, as well as a weight reduction of 265 g
- New graphics
- New seat cover that provides a better feel and grip for the rider
- New resonator system for 450 SX-F with flow design header plus a new 250 SX exhaust system
- New aluminum cylinder head stays on the engine mounts for 4-stroke SX models
Joachim Sauer (KTM Offroad Product Manager): “Last year was a new generation of SX, but we’ve been back through every component of each motorcycle in this range and as always we’re looking how we can do things better. There are some significant changes in the SX MY2017 line-up to benefit the rider both on and off the bike, as well as a brand new 250 SX! Obviously we have a lot of input from Motorsports, which is especially key to these steps forward and it’s great we can boast another FIM Supercross World Championship title in the hands of Ryan Dungey. The appetite for improvement never stops in our R&D department and we feel that riders will certainly benefit from the refinements made for 2017.”
Find out more information on the SX MY2017 line-up.