10 things you didn’t know about us
10 Things you didn’t know about P&H Motorcycles
(…and some things you probbaly did know)
1. In the past 9 years we’ve sold enough bikes to fill just under two football pitches
Since 2006 we have sold 11,397 motorbikes and scooters. 6,829 were new bikes and 4,568 were used. This is enough to fill just under two full-size football pitches.
2. We have a mascot – Bentley the super dog!
- Name: Bentley
- Breed: Giant Schnauzer
- Age: 5 ¾
- Job title: Team mascot and lunch thief
- Likes: Long walks, pizza and rummaging through bins for food
- Dislikes: Ambulance and police sirens and balloons
- Hobbies: Bentley is a skilled escape artist!
3. No standing around in our workshop!
In 2014 our service team clocked up a massive 11,134 hours of billed workshop time!
4. We have a race team with the legendary Carl Cox – oh yes oh yes!
Our race team was established in 2011 and took part annually in the Ducati 848 Challenge until it changed to the 899 TriOptions Cup. In 2013 we joined forces with World renowned DJ Carl Cox and our race team become the Carl Cox and P&H Motorcycles Ducati race team. This season has finished with some great results including Leon Morris finishing the championship in 2nd and the team winning the dealer championship!!
5. We’re a celebrity hotspot
Are you a self-confessed celebrity spotter? Well look no further. Our store is also known as an adult’s playground so it won’t surprise you that we attract some familiar faces including Chelsea FC striker Diego Costa, BSB legend Shakey Byrne, comedian Ross Nobble, TOWIE star Dan Osbourne, actor Bob Cryer and world famous DJ Carl Cox.
6. Athletes ‘r’ us!
Steve Ingham (senior technician) has completed over 50 Triathlons! Within the past couple of years he has won two races in 50-60 year super vets category at Uckfield in 2015 and Ringmer in 2014. His biggest achievement is cycling 150 miles in one day from Seascale, Cumbria to Whitby.
7. Hey big spenders!
So far in 2015 we have paid £26,590.70 in Amex and credit card charges.
8. We believe the youth is our future
Not only do we sell and service motorcycles but we like to support our biking community too. We currently sponsor three youth MX riders who all compete nationally Marnie Saunders, Toni Harkness and Michael Ellis.
9. Our pack has grown
We come from humble beginnings…in 1980 Paul Searle and his cousin Hans started tinkering with motorbikes in his mums back garden, fast forward 35 years and our team is now 42 members strong.
10. It takes a nice hot cuppa to run our workshop
On average our service department drinks a humongous 17,784 cups of tea and coffee a year along with a bucket loads of biscuits and cake!